Thank you for visiting the Arizona State Museum website. Your use and access of the Website is governed by and subject to the following Agreement. If you do not agree with the below information, please do not use the Website.
What information is collected?
Two types of information may be available to us about you: web traffic information and information you send us via email or web-based forms.
Email and Web-based Form Information. ASM does not obtain personal information about you when you visit our websites unless you provide us that information voluntarily. If you send us an email message or fill out a web-based form and include personal information, that information will only be used to directly fulfill your request, unless otherwise stated specifically. Your request for information may be redirected to another part of the University of Arizona that may be in a better position to respond. Any personal information you provide will not be released to outside parties unless it is required to fulfill your request (as in the case of an e-commerce transaction) or we are legally required to do so in connection with legal proceedings, law enforcement investigations, or state law.
Web Traffic Information. In addition to information actively provided by individuals using web-based forms, we may record information such as but not limited to the following types of information:
- Internet address of the computer being used (typically that of an internet service provider but sometimes that of your specific computer)
- Web pages requested
- Referring Web page
- Browser and operating system
- Date, time and duration of activity
- Passwords and accounts accessed
- Volume of data storage and transfers
We make no attempt to connect web traffic information to individuals. We do make statistical summaries of this information to learn how many people visit our site, which pages get the most visits, if certain pages are causing errors and similar things to help us improve our site.
Although every effort is made to secure network communications, neither Arizona State Museum nor the University of Arizona can ensure the privacy of online communications. Individuals using online services should also take steps to protect personal information, such as closing the web browser when finished using the site. Failure to do so may result in personal information being viewed by someone else using the same computer.
We partner with outside entities to enable us to accept credit card payments online for a variety of goods and services. We and all of our partners undergo rigorous evaluation to ensure that we handle card holder data in a manner consistent with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards. This includes but is not limited to the encryption of all credit card transactions. Information entered to complete a transaction will not be used for any other purpose unless the purpose is described on the site.
In cases of suspected violations of University of Arizona policies, especially unauthorized access to computing systems, the system administrator concerned may take such measures as are necessary to gather evidence on a suspected violation.
Use of ASM Library Resources
The ASM Library endorses the American Library Association's Library Bill of Rights which supports access to information and denounces censorship, labeling, and restricting access.
However, you should be aware that certain provisions of the "USA Patriot Act" (Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001) allow the FBI to obtain a search warrant for any materials from the library including library circulation records and Internet use records. They can do so without demonstrating "probable cause," the existence of specific facts to support the belief that a crime has been committed or that the items sought are evidence of a crime. The act also makes it a crime for the library to inform you if any such action has occurred. This act supersedes existing state laws protecting the privacy of library users.
More about the USA Patriot Act (on the American Library Association website)
Our website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Arizona State Museum is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage users to be aware when they leave our site (links to other sites open in a new window) and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected from the ASM websites or sent to ASM by email.
Contact / Opt Out
If you would like to be added to or removed from our mailing list please contact Darlene Lizarraga, Director of Marketing
If you have any questions about this privacy statement please contact ASM, Head of Operations
If you prefer not to provide information to us electronically please contact us by mail or telephone.
Head of Operations
1013 E. University Blvd. / P.O. Box 210026
Tucson, AZ, 85721-0026
BY LOGGING ONTO, INTERFACING WITH, SUBMITTING INFORMATION TO, PURCHASING GOODS THROUGH OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, THEN DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
1. Permissible Uses: You agree to use our Website only for legal purposes and that You will not post or transmit to this Website any illegal, false or misleading, obscene, pornographic, profane, defamatory, libelous, threatening or otherwise inappropriate or objectionable information.
2. Links to Social Media and Third-Party Websites: Any link or feature that We place on the Website is done for You at your convenience and We do not endorse any of these websites or their contents. We do not approve, warrant, certify or sponsor the linked site unless specifically stated.
3. Intellectual Property Ownership: All of the trademarks, images, copy-written material, videos, writings and other intellectual property displayed on the Website are the property of Arizona State Museum. You promise not to copy, reuse, post or otherwise appropriate the Intellectual Property without the express written consent of the museum. Any unauthorized use of the content of the Website may subject you to civil or criminal penalties.
4. Accuracy of Website: We shall use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the Website. However, the museum in no way warrants the accuracy of the information displayed on the Website. If You find any material on the site that You believe to be inaccurate, we encourage you to bring it to our attention by contacting us.
6. Information You Submit to the Website: You agree not to post or transmit any inaccurate information or other material that contains any viruses or harmful components. You agree that, by using the Website, all information you submit is accurate. We retain the right to deny access to anyone who We believe has violated these terms or any other terms of this Agreement.
7. Confidentiality of Information Communicated to Us: Any material or information transmitted by You to the Website IS NOT confidential. Any ideas, concepts, or other materials
transmitted by you to Us may be used by the museum in any manner, including reproduction, transmission, publication or broadcast without compensation.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INACCURACIES OR OTHERPROBLEMS WITH USING THE WEBSITE. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, ASIGNEES OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES. THIS PROVISION INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU HEREBY RELEASE US, OUR AFFILIATES, AGENTS, ASIGNEES OR LICENSORS FROM ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ANY OF THE WEBSITE. FURTHER, YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY US FROM ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THE WEBSITE DUE TO YOUR CONDUCT.